Summer means grilling and burgers! Rather than having the same old combo of mayo, ketchup, relish; I wanted something different. This combo was absolutely delicious. Sweet, a little spicy and creamy.
There are only 6 ingredients in the sauce recipe. You use half as the burger glaze, and the other half you mix with the mayo to make the burger sauce.
I used Beyond Burgers this time, but you can use whatever type of burger you like! Store bought or homemade. The sauce would be excellent on any type of burger. Chicken, turkey, fish or beef. As long as the burger is plain, and tasty on its own, it will only be elevated by the delicious bang bang sauce.
I kept it simple with the toppings, thinly sliced red cabbage and onion. If you like cilantro, I think that would also be a nice addition. I hope you give this a try next time you’re grilling some burgers!
- 4 burger patties (I used Beyond Burgers)
- 4 burger buns
- Sliced red cabbage & onion
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp honey (use agave for vegan)
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (vegan, low fat or regular)
- Pre-heat your grill to medium heat.
- Mix together bang bang sauce ingredients EXCEPT mayonnaise.
- Once sauce is combined, set half of it aside as it will be your burger baste.
- Add the other half of the bang bang sauce to the mayo and mix together. This will be your burger sauce after the burgers are cooked.
- Cook your burgers according to package directions, basting with sauce throughout cooking.