Wow, this recipe turned out amazing. The hubby gave it a 10! The girls loved it too.
Its not dry at all (thanks banana), and the almond gives it a great touch and makes it much different than a traditional banana bread.
I had 2 squares for snacks a couple days in a row. It was even great to have on the side with my morning eggs & coffee…yum!
- 2 cups oat flour (oats ground up in your blender)
- 3 x 30 gram scoops whey protein, vanilla (I used Whey Gourmet) * or sub for ¾ cup extra oat flour
- ½ cup Krisda stevia baking formula (or ½ cup sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 ripe (brown) bananas, mashed
- 1½ tsps almond extract
- 3 egg whites (I used ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp carton kind) * or 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup raw almonds, chopped (could also use chopped pecans or walnuts)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (I used coconut palm sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8 x 11 rectangular pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mash banana well, and add in the other wet ingredients and mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Pour batter into your pan. Sprinkle batter with brown sugar and chopped almonds.
- Bake for 25 minutes until it turns brown around the edges and a toothpick just comes clean. Allow to cool and cut into 20 squares.