Sometimes the best things are created from what you have on hand. This was the case when I made this delicious salad. I wanted to make a quick salad for lunch, but didn’t want it to be lettuce based. I always have some canned beans on hand, and I love black beans because they taste great and have a great amount of protein and fiber in them.
The ingredients are light and fresh and the dressing isn’t overpowering at all, and just adds to the already delicious ingredients in the salad. Not to mention being gluten-free, and vegan.
Next time I make this salad, I’ll be sure to make a double batch, as this only made just over 2 cups worth. After myself and Clara were done with it, there was barely any left.
Aside from being a great lunch, it would make a great BBQ side dish, or even pack some up to take for your work or school lunch. It holds up well and comes together super fast!
- 1 14oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed. (or 2 cups of cooked and cooled black beans)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ½ small avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 packet stevia
- Salt & Pepper to taste (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice and stevia and whisk with a fork till combined.
- Add all the other ingredients in a larger bowl or container. Place the dressing on top and lightly toss.
- Will last in the fridge for 2 days.