Quick and easy treats for the kids. I’m always looking for new ideas! While my Healthy No-Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats are a hit with the girls, here’s another great twist on a cereal treat that is just as quick to prepare!
I must say, I’m really finding inspiration lately from Pinterest. I was inspired by this recipe, but it contained corn syrup and sugar, so I wanted to make it healthier. The kids loved these, as did my husband, and brother-in-law, considering they polished them off!
Considering they were done in about 10 minutes, these are great to make for home, or even to bring to an event. You any sort of nut or seed butter you’d like, and you can totally use the sticky sweetener of choice. I prefer to use brown rice syrup as its the thickest, and does the best job of holding the cereal together. But its totally up to you!
- 2½ cups cheerios (plain, low sugar variety)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup brown rice syrup (or sticky sweetener of choice)
- Place the cheerios in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), combine peanut butter, and brown rice syrup.
- Heat until mixture is hot, and thins out a bit and its easy to mix together.
- Add to Cheerios and mix until coated.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment paper or waxed paper coated cooking sheet. Place in fridge for around 30 minutes until set.
- Keep stored in the fridge.