I’ve fallen in love with these healthy cheesecake protein bars. I think there’s a good chance you will too. How do you get the taste of cheesecake, but no cream cheese? Its possible! This is the best healthy version of cheesecake I’ve done (my other version is here), and contains the least amount of calories. Each bar is just over 100 calories and 7 grams of protein and only a couple grams of sugar. So you can easily enjoy a couple and it would be a great snack. Yep, I said snack, not dessert.
I wanted these to taste as close to as real cheesecake as possible, but not as rich and complete with the graham cracker crust. Without the graham crust, it just doesn’t taste like authentic cheesecake to me. The crust really makes it complete.
This recipe is super easy to make, you don’t have to mess around with complicated methods like water baths. Its also super light as its made with non-fat greek yogurt, and so its not as rich and dense cream cheese. I think that’s the key in what makes this a great snack versus dessert. Yep, I said snack!
All you need is a regular 8×8 square pan or glass dish, anything that could go in the oven.
As you can see, there were already a lot of pieces missing before I got around to taking the photos. It was that good.
Then I had a little epiphany. What if I added a bit of jam to the top of the cheesecake? Would it be even more amazing? Why yes, yes it would. Makes it a touch more fancy, don’t you think? It doesn’t need it per sey, but it does add a nice touch.
Since I hadn’t actually tried what I tasted like with the addition of jam…I had to take a bite.
Mind. Officially. Blown. You really do need to make this. I mean, really. Like as in today, tomorrow, or as soon as you get home from the grocery store with the ingredients.
I used double fruit raspberry jam to top a few of my cheesecakes. Use whatever jam you like, or skip this step, as I mentioned before, its still wonderful without any fruit topping.
Rejoice! Eat cheesecake again, as this can easily fit into any healthy lifestyle 😉
- 2 cups non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free flour (or if not gluten-free, use all purpose)
- ½ cup stevia for baking (or any dry non-sugar substitute, or 15 packets stevia)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, add in the greek yogurt and whisk until smooth. Next, add in the vanilla and whisk. Then, add in the stevia and flour a little at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Once the cheesecake filling is whisked until smooth, set aside
- Next, start the base. Mist or lightly oil an 8x8 pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, flax, whey protein and liquid stevia (if using).
- Once dry ingredients combined, drizzle in the melted butter and stir until its all combined.
- Press the graham crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of the 8x8 square pan. Ensure you pack it down firmly.
- Then pour over the cheesecake filling and spread it around so its even.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 45 minutes
- When its done, it will just start to go golden around the edges, and it will jiggle slightly in the middle shake it side to side slightly.
- If it still seems too liquidy in the middle, bake for a few minutes longer.
- Allow to cool completely, then put into the fridge and allow to chill completely.
- Will take 1-2 hours to completely chill in the fridge.
- Keep stored in the fridge with tin foil over top of the pan.