A simple and delicious chicken recipe. I figured this blog was about due for one. I love roasted chicken, and this recipe is so easy to come together. I chose to use all the chicken parts, with bones in and skin on. Quite typically I like to bake with the skin on as it helps to keep the chicken moist, and discard it afterwards.
This easy roasted chicken is all done in one baking dish, and you have the option to marinade beforehand, or skip that step if you’re short on time.
I hope you give this a try next time you want a simple and yummy chicken recipe! Great served along side brown rice (or quinoa) and veggies.
- 1 whole chicken (2 lbs), broken down into 8 pieces
- 3 Tbsp lower sodium soy sauce (I used tamari for gluten-free)
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar (raspberry vinegar works too)
- 1 Tbsp oil (I used avocado oil)
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 packets stevia (I used NuNaturals or 2 Tbsp sweetener of choice)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Garnish: fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In your baking dish (I used a 9x13 dish), add in all the ingredients aside from the chicken and parsley. Whisk until combined.
- Next, add in the raw chicken and toss it in the sauce. From here, cover and marinade for a few hours or if you're in a pinch, skip this step.
- Place chicken skin side up and roast for 30 minutes. Turn over, and bake another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.