Easy and delicious. To me, that’s the name of the game when it comes to pretty much any meal of the day. If its complicated or is too many ingredients, I’m rarely motivated to try it. These easy shrimp bruchetta toasts are a perfect example of simple; yet elegant and flavorful.
These toasts make a great dinner, lunch, or even a brunch! So versatile, and you could easily switch around a couple ingredients to make it completely different! eg. swap out the tomatoes for mushrooms or avocado.
But I went with the traditional flavors here, and added some sauteed shrimp on top. The combo is perfect! But feel free to swap with another protein like grilled chicken or tofu or even salmon. So many ways you could switch it up.
You could also try with a variety of bread. Pictured here is baguette. I’ve also had it on gluten-free toasts. Toasted ciabatta would be another great option. Or a whole grain artisan bread. I will note that the nutrition (below) is based on standard two slices of bread.
I hope you enjoy this combo as much as I do. Let me know what you think in the comments!
- 2 slices toasted bread (french bread, gluten-free bread, baguette)
- ½ cup baby tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 113 grams raw shrimp (I used the 31-40 per pound size)
- Thaw out the shrimp you're using (if frozen). Sprinkled with salt and pepper.
- Mist a skillet with oil and cook for 2 min each side just until it turns pink on all sides.
- Toast the bread you'll be using.
- Add together the tomatoes, garlic, oil, balsamic, salt/pepper and fresh basil. Mix together gently.
- Split the bruschetta mixture between both slices of toast. Top with warm shrimp.