You know when you find a shirt that you love, and go back to the store and buy it in a bunch of other colors? That’s how I feel when it comes to cheesecake protein bars. This eggnog version makes it the 9th (woah!), yes 9th, version of these healthy cheesecakes. I almost didn’t want to admit I’ve come up with 9 versions of this recipe.
If you follow along on Facebook and Instagram you’ll know that I recently found this delicious coconut based eggnog this year (from So Delicious). So naturally, I’m incorporating it into some healthier holiday recipes. A couple posts ago, I used it in the Eggnog Protein Balls, and I also have a recipe for Eggnog Cookies & Eggnog Bread, which rounds out all the recipes I have on the blog containing eggnog.
What I love about this healthy cheesecake is that there is no cream cheese in it. Just greek yogurt. Somehow it still gets a creamy cheese-cake like texture, but its not too rich. These I eat as a snack. They are quite light so I don’t consider them dessert. I boosted the eggnog flavor, by not only adding eggnog, but also some additional nutmeg.
On top, I added a little sweetness, the Gluten-Free Salted Toffee Pretzel Bark since I had some around at the time. It doesn’t need any toppings, but if you want to make it a bit fancier, a drizzle of melted chocolate (milk, dark or white) would be a nice addition.
Want to try some other flavors of healthy cheesecake? The list includes:
Cheesecake Protein Bars (the original)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Protein Bars
Key Lime Cheesecake Protein Bars
Coconut Cheesecake Protein Bars
Lemon Cheesecake Protein Bars
Pumpkin Cheesecake Protein Bars
Maple Walnut Cheesecake Protein Bars
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Protein Bars
I hope you enjoy the eggnog version!
- 2 cups non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp flour (gluten-free all purpose or regular flour)
- ½ cup stevia baking formula (I used Krisda or dry sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp rum extract
- ¼ cup eggnog (I used So Delicious Coconut Nog)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Spray and 8x8 or 9x9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl (or blender or food processor), mix together all the filling ingredients and mix just until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the crust ingredients with a fork (add melted butter last) until combined.
- Press the crust evenly into the 8x8 pan.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread out to cover evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until it just becomes golden around the edges and its all set.
- Allow to cool at room temp, then place in the fridge to cool for at least a few hours.
- Cut into 16 squares. Keep stored in the fridge.