Goji berries you ask? If you’ve never heard of these little dried fruits, I guess you have now. They aren’t as sweet as raisins, and they have a berry-ish flavor and chewier texture. They pack an antioxidant punch and contain 170% of your daily vitamin A needs. Wow! Gotta like that! Here’s more health info on goji berries. If you can’t find them at your health food store, your best substitute would be dried cranberries, which goes great in this recipe as well.
I absolutely love the flavor combination in this salad. The sweetness of the dressing and the saltiness of the feta cheese. In the summertime, I make this salad very often and its great as leftovers or to bring to a potluck.
- 1 - 19 oz can chickpeas, rinsed well and drained
- 1 10 oz can mandarin orange segments in juice, drained
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ⅓ cup dried goji berries
- ½ cup red onion, chopped fine
- ½ cup parsley, chopped (curly or Italian parsley)
- ½ cup light feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 packets stevia (or other sweetener of choice)
- Pepper, to taste
- In a dry skillet, quickly toast almonds until golden. Takes only a couple minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients with a fork and pour over salad.
- Toss well and store in fridge. Tastes best when its been sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours.