Happy Tuesday! Don’t these look insanely good??!! Anna from The Guiltless Life is giving us her healthy chocolate souffle recipe, and guess what, its only 6 ingredients and super easy to make! I know how many of you are chocolate fans, so you’re gonna LOVE this recipe. I know I’ll be trying it as soon as I get home from vacation! I found her blog more recently, and just love it! Funny enough, she’s actually in the Vancouver-area as well! She comes up with some awesome creations over on her blog, check it out when you have a chance. Keep reading to get the recipe!
Hi all! My name is Anna and I blog over at The Guiltless Life.
I discovered Kristine’s blog a little while ago and was so glad to have found not only a fellow BC blogger, but also someone whose diet philosophy is very similar to mine. I love Kristine’s blog and her approach to food – of course, her recipes are pretty darn awesome as well!
When I was 19 I first tried cutting out sugar. It usually gave me huge sugar rushes followed by energy crashes (despite numerous blood tests, I don’t have diabetes or even pre-diabetes; it’s just the way sugar makes me feel). By the age of 22 I had decided that, as a lifelong animal lover, it didn’t really make sense for me to be okay with eating meat, so I cut that out too.
I don’t tend to talk about my reasons for being vegetarian much because I truly believe that everyone needs to find their own path to the way they want to live – whether that’s refined sugar-free, meat-free, vegan, raw, or just a bit of everything. Just do what feels right for you.
That’s a quick intro to my blog and the way I eat, but now onto the good stuff.
One of my passions about blogging is coming up with healthier alternatives to sweet treats. Some of my most popular posts are the ‘makeovers’ I give Starbucks’ treats, like their pumpkin cream cheese muffins, ginger molasses cookies and double chocolate brownies. So, keeping with Kristine’s – and my – philosophy to bake with natural and unrefined sweeteners, I put together one of my favourite recipes for you guys.
Although I don’t have a gluten sensitivity, I feel we do have an overload of gluten in our diets, so I try to avoid baking with wheat flours when I can. So I put together this chocolate soufflé, naturally sweetened and gluten-free. It’s also UNDER 100 calories per serving!
I hope you enjoy! And if you ever feel like paying me a visit, stop by and pay me a visit! I would love to ‘meet’ you!
Anna’s Chocolate Souffles (gluten-free, naturally sweetened)
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 soufflés):
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp coconut flour
6 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan over low heat mix cocoa and flour and add milk and the maple syrup.
2. Heat, stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
4. Fold about a half of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Use a metal spoon to cut the mixture into the chocolate, so you don’t remove too much air from the egg whites. Once almost combined, add the other half.
5. Spoon mixture into ramekin dishes sprayed with cooking oil. You can make six of the size that are pictured here, or four by filling the ramekins a little fuller.
6. Bake 15 minutes. Serve immediately to prevent SSS (Sinking soufflé syndrome ;)).