Hope you’re all having a great start to the week! Before I get into this post, I wanted to let you know there’s a great GIVEAWAY at the bottom of this post, so be sure to scroll down and enter. Its open to WORLDWIDE, and its for my absolutely favorite stevia brand, NuNaturals! They were kind enough to offer a great giveaway so you can make some healthier holiday treats and snacks.
Ok, now back to the recipe. If you’ve been reading for a while, you’ll know how much I love this greek yogurt cheesecake. Its got that cheesecake-like texture, but there’s actually no cream cheese in it at all! Lactose tends to bother my tummy, so cream cheese is not a great option for me. I love this recipe as it feels like I’m eating cheesecake, but my tummy (and waistline) are much happier. I make one of these healthy cheesecake creations almost weekly and enjoy a couple of bars a day as a snack! (Yep, I said snack!). Most afternoons, I’ll have a couple pieces with a cup of tea. 2 pieces of this cheesecake is only 14 grams of carbs, and packed with 14 grams of protein! Gotta love that! If you’d like to see all the flavors of greek yogurt cheesecake I’ve created, scroll down closer to the bottom of this post. The list is getting long. These maple walnut cheesecake protein bars are another great addition to the collection.
With winter upon us, I wanted a winter-ish flavor. I love the combo of maple and walnut, so I thought it would be a delicious combo, and it is. I recommend using a sugar-free maple syrup to keep the sugars low. But if that’s not a concern for you, then real maple syrup would be delicious as well. I also boost the flavor even more by adding maple extract, but if you have a hard time finding that in your grocery store, you can totally leave it out.
I hope you give it a try very soon. I love when you report back and let me know how you like it!
Below, is the contest. Please enter using the Rafflecopter widget. The more things you do, the better chance you have of winning.
Below the contest, you’ll see the recipe 🙂
Contest from NuNaturals
( 4 ) readers will receive ( 1 ) one bottle of Cherry Vanilla Stevia Liquid, a 50 pkt box of NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets, a bottle of their new Cocoa Syrup, & a bottle of their new Simple Syrup. Each 4 winners will receive the complete product selection of all 4 items with the retail value of $ 55.00. Plus a free bonus product!
p.s. You can also get discounts on your orders placed on www.nunaturals.com . When you get to the checkout page, enter the DISCOUNT CODE: BLG1214 and receive – 15% off your ENTIRE ORDER. (excluding any other discounts). This discount remains EFFECTIVE UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2014 .
Other healthy greek yogurt cheesecake recipes:
Cheesecake Protein Bars (the original)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Protein Bars
Key Lime Cheesecake Protein Bars
Coconut Cheesecake Protein Bars
Lemon Cheesecake Protein Bars
Pumpkin Cheesecake Protein Bars
- 2 cups non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (I used Nature's Hollow Sugar-Free Maple) *could sub for real maple syrup but nutrition will change
- 1 tsp maple extract (found in baking aisle)
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free flour (if not gluten free use all-purpose)
- ½ cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs (could also use gluten-free cookie crumbs)
- ¼ cup walnut flour (ground walnuts)
- ½ cup whey protein, vanilla (could also use extra cookie crumbs). I used Jamie Eason's Lean Body For Her
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds (or ground flax)
- 4 Tbsp butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 30 drops vanilla stevia (I used NuNaturals) *optional, but I like it on the sweeter side
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl (or stand mixer with paddle attachment), whisk the eggs, add in the greek yogurt, maple syrup and maple extract and whisk until smooth. Then, add flour a little at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Once the cheesecake filling is whisked until smooth, set aside
- Next, start the base. Mist or lightly oil an 8x8 pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, walnut flour, chia seeds, whey protein and liquid stevia (if using).
- Once dry ingredients combined, drizzle in the melted butter and stir until its all combined.
- Press the graham crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of the 8x8 square pan. Ensure you pack it down firmly.
- Then pour over the cheesecake filling and spread it around so its even.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 45-48 minutes
- When its done, it will just start to go golden around the edges, and won't jiggle when wiggled slightly. If it still seems too liquidy in the middle, bake for a few minutes longer.
- Allow to cool completely. Then put into the fridge and allow to chill completely. It will take 2+ hours to completely chill in the fridge.
- Keep stored in the fridge with tin foil over top of the pan, or cut into bars, and transfer to a container.