Peanut butter lovers unite! This is the bar for you. If you love peanut butter, I’m sure you love peanut butter cups. This recipe reminds me of the inside of the peanut butter cup….the filling. Made into a chewy and peanut buttery bar.
I created this recipe, as I have quite a bit of peanut butter protein on hand and wanted to find something else to make with it. If you also have the Lean Body For Her Peanut Protein, this recipe is definitely a must, and so is my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars and No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
I couldn’t resist adding a white chocolate/peanut butter icing and it really puts these bars over the top. Its a thin layer, and each bar only has 9g of sugar, so I felt it was well worth a few extra grams of sugar.
I enjoy these bars at 3pm when the sweet craving strikes, with a cup of tea. I had some of the Davids Tea in peanut butter cup to go along with, so lets just say I was in peanut butter heaven!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs ( I used gluten-free graham crumbs)
- 3 scoops Lean Body For Her Peanut Protein (could also use 76 grams of PB2 or powdered peanut butter)
- ¾ cup whey protein, vanilla
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- ½ cup white chocolate (chocolate chips or baking bar chopped up)
- 1 Tbsp Lean Body For Her Peanut Protein (or powdered peanut butter)
- In a large bowl mix together the graham crumbs, peanut butter protein & whey protein.
- Add in the peanut butter and mix until it starts to combine. Add in the milk and mix until it reaches a dough type consistency.
- Press into an 8x8 pan.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments or over the stove in a small pot, stirring constantly.
- Once melted, stir in the peanut butter powder and mix until it resembles frosting.
- Spread over the bars and place in the fridge until set.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. They are soft enough to be eaten directly out of the freezer.