These are delicious, quick and easy cookies. If you are a chocolate & peanut butter fan, this one is a true winner!
Edited to add: This recipe has existed on the blog since 2010. May 2019, I decided to give this post a little facelift as the one blurry photo I had before was doing them no justice. I still make these occasionally and love them!
They’re a good sized cookie, and I like to keep mine stored in the freezer. If left at room temp they might melt if it gets too warm.
With all sorts of good things in there like oats, coconut oil, natural peanut butter and cocoa, these are a great little treat for the kiddos too.
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil (will be solid at room temp)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup honey (or agave)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup quick oats
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until all melted together.
- Boil for a couple minutes and take off heat.
- Stir in oats.
- Drop by measuring spoon (Tablespoon) onto waxed paper/parchment.
- Store in freezer for at least 30 minutes. Could also be stored in fridge.