These aren’t your grandmother’s cookies (no offense grandma), but these are a delectable treat that also make a great snack! Ready in 15 minutes, these are the perfect snack for the holidays. I can’t wait when its time to whip up a batch of these babies. They truly are my favorite protein cookie during the holidays. Since there are good things like peanut butter, oats and whey protein, I like to thing that they are a much better choice than most other holiday treats.
I wanted these no-bake gingerbread protein cookies to taste like real gingerbread, and I think they’re pretty close! Its so chewy and yummy and the best part is, they are no-bake! My girls really love these too.
They are easy to store as well. You can keep them stored in an airtight container in the fridge, or in the freezer and it will last for a long time. They are slightly firm coming from the freezer, but I like it that way, as I can savor it a little longer.
Note: I tried another version with stevia (instead of honey) to lower the sugar content, but it wasn’t good. It had a different texture completely. Definitely use real honey (or agave syrup, or sugar-free honey if you have it).
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (smooth)
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup whey protein powder, vanilla
- 2 Tbsp crystallized ginger, chopped fine
- 1 cup quick or old fashioned oats (I prefer quick oats)
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, molasses & honey.
- Add protein powder, ginger pieces and oats.
- Mix until blended (hands work best), mixture will be sticky until it forms into a dough. If you have a stand mixer, put everything in the bowl and use the dough hook to mix it.
- Roll into balls, and keep them a ball, or flatten them to look like a cookie. You could also take 2 balls and form into a bar (just double the nutrition per serving)