One of the easiest soups on the planet has to be green pea soup. I love making it cause its delicious and so easy, especially when you’re using frozen peas. Since this recipe only has a few ingredients it came together really quickly and you can add different add ins to switch up every serving. As pictured here, I added a bit of yogurt and pine nuts. Other times I might add a bit of crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese. Leftover ham, turkey or roasted chicken would also be great additions.
A great basic recipe and the flavor is great. Just make sure you season your soup with salt and pepper and if you like it spicy, you could also add in a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 4 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups frozen peas
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 bay leaves (remove before blending)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, add a bit of cooking spray and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add in all the other ingredients (peas, chicken stock, water, garlic, sage, bay leaves).
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the peas are fully softened.
- Once done, remove the bay leaves and blend the soup. I use a hand blender.
- Season with extra salt & pepper if needed.