Hi friends! I can’t believe its been so long since I’ve posted a workout series. Its been years, yet I’m so happy to hear that many of you are still doing all those workouts and the 12-week programs! It totally makes my day!
Many of you were wanting quick workouts that can be done at home or at the gym using limited equipment. So that’s the inspiration for this 20 Minute Fit Workout Series! I’ve tested all these workouts and timed them and all can be done in 20 minutes. But don’t get me wrong, you’ll want to keep moving at a good pace and take limited breaks!
These are weight training based workouts, with most using dumbbells, and many using bodyweight only. If you have longer time to workout, feel free to add a bit of your favorite cardio before or after. But totally not necessary, as I designed these workouts to also get your heart pumping if you’re moving at a faster pace. You’ll notice that many of the workouts have a bit of a cardio burst.
- If the exercise says 10 reps (most do), I want you to pick a weight that is difficult enough that its difficult to get through the last rep.
- Complete the 3 sets of the 3 exercises before moving onto the next group of 3 exercises.
- If it says 10 reps it generally means 10 reps total (unless I say its 10 reps each arm)
- If you’re a beginner to weight training, be very mindful of your form (click on the exercise to watch the videos), and start out with lighter weights and work your way up.
- Rest as little as possible. Move quickly from one exercise to the next in the series. Take a short rest after the third exercise (20 seconds or so), then move onto the next set.
- Any questions, please leave a comment at the bottom of this post, and I’ll answer them. But please understand this is not a custom workout, and I won’t be providing modifications. So if you’re dealing with an injury or limitations, best to chat with your doctor or therapist about approved exercises.
I’d love if you checked in to tell me your progress! Leave comments below on your favorite workout, and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, tagging me @busybuthealthy and using the hashtag #20minutefit
1) Front-Two Dumbbell Raise – 10 reps
Then do dumbbell side lateral raise – 10 reps
Lastly half burpees – 10 reps
2) Standing Arnold Dumbbell Press – 10 reps
Then do standing dumbbell upright rows – 10 reps
Lastly mountain climbers – 20 reps
3) Standing Dumbbell Press – 10 reps
Then do bent over two-dumbbell rows – 10 reps
Lastly plank up-up-down-down – 20 reps alternating
1) Dumbbell Bicep Curl – 10 reps
Then do tricep dips on bench or couch – 10 reps
Lastly 10 push-ups
2) Dumbbell 21’s – its 21 reps total
Then do tricep dumbbell kickbacks – 10 reps each arm
Lastly cardio blast: jump squats – 15 reps
3) Dumbbell Drag Curls – 10 reps
Then do standing dumbbell tricep extension – 10 reps
Lastly 10 burpees
1) Dumbbell Squat Press – 10 reps
Then do dumbbell lunges – 10 reps
Lastly frog hops – 10 reps
2) Plie Dumbbell Squats – 10 reps
Then do dumbbell walking lunges – 20 reps
Lastly split lunge jumps – 20 reps
3) Dumbbell Side Lunges – 10 reps
Then do dumbbell squats – 10 reps
Lastly freehand jump squats – 15 reps
Back & Core
1) Wide Dumbbell Row – 10 reps
Then do one-arm dumbbell rows – 10 reps each arm
Lastly cardio blast: mountain climbers – 20 reps
2) Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Rows – 10 reps
Then do stiff-legged dumbbell deadlifts – 10 reps
Lastly plank with knee taps – 20 reps
3) Romanian Deadlift with Dumbbells – 10 reps
Then do dumbell deadlift – 10 reps
Lastly 1 minute plank
1) Dumbbell Curtsy Lunge – 10 reps
Then do heavy dumbbell walking lunges – 10 reps
Lastly rear leg raises – 10 reps each leg
2) Kneeling Squat with Dumbbells – 10 reps
Then do donkey kicks – 10 reps each leg
Lastly bodyweight squats – 20 reps
3) Split Squat with Dumbbells – 10 reps each leg
Then do butt lift bridge – 15 reps
Lastly single leg glute bridge – 10 reps each leg
1) Crunches – 2o reps
Then do spider crawls – 15 reps
Lastly reverse crunches – 2o reps
2) Lying Leg Raises on floor or bench – 10 reps
Then do cocoons – 10 reps
Lastly dumbbell v-sit cross jabs – 20 reps
3) Bicycle Crunches – 20 reps
Then do toe touchers – 20 reps
Lastly butt ups – 10 reps
Hope you enjoy the workouts! Let me know what you think in the comments!