Banana splits. Remember those? I remember them from Dairy Queen. The vanilla ice cream, strawberry sauce, fudge, and banana, oh and don’t forget the crushed pineapple. All that deliciousness fit snugly between the 2 bananas. Doesn’t get much better than that. Not sure what got me thinking about it that day. But it was on my mind. So that’s how I turned my morning oatmeal into a 5-minute banana split oatmeal. The only thing I forgot was the crushed pineapple, but I’ll use some of that next time for sure!
- ⅓ cup quick oats
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup banana, chopped
- ¼ cup strawberry, chopped
- 2 packets stevia
- 1 scoop whey protein, chocolate
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- unsweetened almond milk (or milk or choice)
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the oats, water, strawberries, bananas and stevia packets. Microwave for 2½ minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and add a small amount of milk and stir to make a paste. Gradually add more milk and stir continuously to prevent lumps and get it to a syrup consistency.
- When oatmeal is finished, pour the chocolate sauce over-top. Garnish with a couple fresh pieces of strawberry & banana if desired.
- (entire recipe) Calories: 296 Fat: 5 g Carbs: 37 g Fiber: 5.6 g Sugars: 7.9 g Sodium: 183 mg Protein: 27 g
Barlens Chocolate Raspberry Omega Swirl.