Still hard to believe that 2012 is almost here, it went by really fast. Looking back, there have been a lot of great “wins” that I’m very thankful for. I don’t take *anything* for granted, and I’m thrilled for every opportunity I get. 2011 was very busy, and I worked my butt off, but you know what they say about hard work…it will eventually pay off.
Here are some things I’m proud to have accomplished in 2011:
1. Shape.com featured my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins in their “The Best Recipes from Our Favorite Healthy Food Blogs”
2. My recipe for No-Butter Chicken made it in the January 2012 issue of Oxygen Magazine. I had been diligently submitting recipes for a while, so I was thrilled they decided to choose one. I would love to be a regular recipe contributor to magazines like Oxygen, Shape, Fitness, Womens Health.
3. I became a columnist for a group of local news websites (Langleytoday.ca , Abbotsfordtoday.ca, Chilliwacktoday.ca, PittMeadowstoday.ca)
4. I changed positions at work. I went from a full time Account Manager (did that for 6 years) to a part-time Social Media Coordinator. I’m doing what I absolutely love – Social Media!!! SISU is a premium supplement company in Canada. I’m the ‘voice’ of their Facebook, Twitter and Blog.
4. I published my first E-Book. This took longer than I had hoped, but since I switched to part-time with work, I had some more time to finally get it out. Its available on Amazon.com.
5. I became a Tastemaker with SkinnyScoop. Basically, its an Ambassador. I’m still in awe that I’m included with such an amazing and accomplished group of women. To have been approached by them and chosen is truly and honor. I’m still thinking I slipped through the cracks on this one 😉
6. Sponsorship with Krisda stevia. Its no secret I’m a huge fan of stevia. Krisda has brought me on as their “Brand Ambassador” to teach many of their users how to use stevia in their recipes. I love educating people on the benefits of a low sugar diet, so its a great match!
7. Partnership with Whey Gourmet. Another brand that I’ve been a fan of for years. I started using their products in recipes with great results. They make amazing protein, and I especially love their Naturelle line. They’ve been so kind to include a few of my recipes on their website, and I’m looking forward to making more recipes with Whey Gourmet.
What I Didn’t Accomplish (Goals for 2012):
1. Getting Pregnant with Baby #2 (more on that later). Hopefully 2012 will be the year. I hate that I can’t control this.
2. Source out a book publisher. I guess I was hoping to ‘get discovered’, but I need to do more due diligence in 2012. I’d really like to have a paperback cookbook.
3. Get a second e-book out. I’ve got another one that’s close to being done (Protein Shake Recipes), but I need to get on it to get that finished in the next couple of months.
4. Move. We had our house up for sale for half of 2011, and it still didn’t sell. The market isn’t good where we live. But it will definitely be happening in 2012, as we decided to take our house off the market, and instead we will keep it as a rental. We’re looking to move back closer to Vancouver. Its where many of our friends are, and Brent started a new job so he’d like to be closer to the office too.
5. Fitness Goals? I can’t yet determine what this is going to be, as I’m so fixated on Goal #1, which ultimately affects my fitness goals.
QUESTION! I’d love to hear 1 thing you’re happy to have accomplished in 2011, and 1 goal you’d like to accomplish in 2012!