So happy when BBQ season finally arrives. I want to add some more great recipes to my BBQ arsenal this year and this Balsamic BBQ Sauce Glazed Chicken is a great place to start. I’m not a fan of plain chicken, and sometimes I’m not in the mood for the standard BBQ sauce. This sauce is so mouth watering and easy to make and is not only great on chicken, but would be fabulous on just about any protein, as well as grilled tofu (will be trying that next!)
The sauce is so easy to put together (simmering it together in 1 small pot), and tastes so much better than the store bought BBQ sauce I’ve tried. While I still don’t mind the convenience of store bought, I loved the flavor of this so much, especially considering how few ingredients it is!
If you give this recipe a try I’d love you to come report back in the comments! I hope you find it just as delicious as I do!
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts or 4 - 4 oz chicken breast
- Salt & pepper (optional)
- Simmer all the sauce ingredients together in a small pot. Simmer for 10 minutes, or longer if you want a thicker sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat your grill. Season your raw chicken breasts with salt & pepper.
- Depending on the thickness, grill your chicken for 4-6 minutes on one side. Flip, and brush on some of the balsamic bbq sauce.
- When the chicken is cooked on the other side, flip over again and brush on some more of the BBQ sauce.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce on the side if desired.