When you’re in need of a quick lunch or dinner, packaged veggies can be a huge time saver. I frequently get packaged coleslaw and broccoli slaw to save myself a ton of chopping. This recipe is a simple and easy lunch for one, or you could double or triple the recipe to turn it into a dinner.
The flavors in this salad are mild, with a hint of orange, ginger and garlic. To give it more of an asian flavor, you could use sesame oil instead of olive oil.
- 2 cups broccoli slaw (I used pre-packaged Mann's slaw)
- 3 oz chicken breast, pre-cooked and chopped
- 3-4 snap peas, chopped
- 1 Tbsp reduced sugar orange marmalade (or could use a few Tbsp fresh orange juice)
- ¼ tsp minced ginger
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp oil (olive oil, avocado oil, safflower etc)
- 2-3 avocado slices
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the brocolli slaw and 1-2 Tbsp water. Cover with paper towel and microwave for 2 min until the slaw has softened a bit.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the broccoli slaw is done, drain any water that may have settled at the bottom of the bowl.
- To the warm slaw, add in the dressing, chicken and snap peas (or whatever other veggies you like)
- Garnish with sliced avocado if you wish.