So you probably remember I did a review last week on Cookin’ Greens. I hadn’t tried it before, but I was sent some coupons so I gave it a whirl. I must say, I’m a new fan! Great quality, and its not like the typical block of frozen spinach that I would normally get!
As I mentioned, I have a new recipe and contest.
Kale, Chicken & Goat Cheese Pizza
Honestly, I didn’t even taste greens in the pizza at all! Perhaps its because of the strong flavor of the pesto? I don’t know what it was! If your kids can get over the green color, they may even be a fan of kale on their pizza!
Kale, Chicken & Goat Cheese Pizza (gluten free)
Makes 1 serving
1 brown rice tortilla (I used Food for Life brand) Could also use a whole grain or low carb tortilla
1 Tbsp pesto (store bought or homemade)
3 oz pre-cooked chicken breast, chopped in pieces (I used rotisserie chicken)
30 grams light goat cheese
3/4 cup Cookin’ Greens Kale
1/2 cup red pepper, sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place your frozen Cookin’ Greens in a microwave safe bowl, add 1-2 Tbsp water and microwave for 60 seconds. Meanwhile, spread pesto on tortilla, add chicken, goat cheese, kale and red pepper. Place in oven directly on the rack and bake for 15 minute or until golden around the edges and crispy.
Nutrition (entire pizza) Calories: 414 Fat: 14 g Carbs: 33 g Fiber: 5 g Sugars: 4.7 g Sodium: 398 mg Protein: 32 g
So the kind people at Cookin’ Greens are allowing me to do a giveaway. Some of my other Canadian friends can give it a try too! Note: I apologize to all the American readers. Cookin’ Greens is currently available in Canada only, so the contest is only open to Canadians.
Here’s what’s included in the contest!
3 Winners Will Receive:
(5) Cookin’ Greens “Free Product” Coupons
That’s a week supply! They can be used towards any of the Cookin’ Greens products found in a Canadian store near you (product availability may vary). You’ll get the coupons just in time for the holidays. They would make a great side to any holiday meal:
This contest will run from Monday December 5th to Monday December 12th until Midnight (PST). Contest is open to Canadian residents only. 3 winners will be chosen randomly.
There are many ways to enter….
1) Leave a comment below, telling me why you’d like some Cookin’ Greens!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please ensure you’re posting a SEPARATE comment for each action you do, rather than telling me what you did all in one post!! When I choose winners (via random number generator), I count down posts, so if you post everything you did in 1 post, you miss out!
Optional Entries, Separate Comment below for each. More you do, better chance of winning!
2) “Like” my Health & Fitness Page or Recipe Club on Facebook and leave a comment on the wall telling me why you’d like to win some Cookin’ Greens. If your already a member, leave a separate comment here letting me know you are.
3) Follow me on Twitter and tweet this message ” GIVEAWAY from @CookinGreens via @KristineFretwel to 3 winners! Enter now! Canada Only http://bit.ly/sIbGzf ” Then come back here and post a comment letting me know you did.
4) “Like” the Cookin’ Greens Page on Facebook, come back here and post a comment letting me know you did.
5) Subscribe to my YouTube channel and post a comment here with your YouTube username.
6) Blog about this giveaway, then post a comment back here with the link.
7) Join my exclusive monthly Recipe Club E-Newsletter for member-only recipes and special announcements! Post a comment here letting me know you joined or are already a member!
8.) BONUS Entry! Write a comment on the wall of the Cookin’ Greens Facebook Page, about why you’d like to try some! Don’t forget to report back here with a comment if you did!