Like many of you, I’m always looking for new ways to re-invent pre-cooked chicken or turkey that I have on hand. Since Thanksgiving was this past weekend, and I know many of you are looking for different ways to use up that turkey, I thought this recipe might come in handy!
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good bowl of turkey soup (see my recipe for Healthy Creamy Turkey Soup), but if you’re not in the mood for that, here’s another great lunch option! I love all these flavors together and while it looks pretty plain Jane, I promise the addition of the curry powder makes it taste much better and different from your typical chicken salad sandwich.
I’ve made the nutrition for the chicken salad filling only (without bread) and I know many of you like to switch up the bread you like, put it in a wrap instead, or opt for no bread at all if you’re low-carb’ing it or following keto.
- 3 oz cooked shredded white meat chicken or turkey
- 1 Tbsp low fat mayo
- 1 Tbsp non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp grated carrot
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- Sliced whole wheat or gluten free bread
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken, mayo, yogurt, carrot and curry powder.
- Once mixed, place on your bread or toast with lettuce underneath.
- Place chopped cilantro on top.