Today, I’ve got a double dose for you. A review and a recipe! Who doesn’t love pizza, and who doesn’t love a pizza that’s done quickly, and is crispy and delicious?! I know I do! Now before we get into the deliciousness of this easy dairy-free flatbread margarita pizza, first I wanted to give you the scoop on the Hamilton Beach Sure-Crisp Air Fryer Toaster Oven.
Hamilton Beach Sure-Crisp Air Fryer Toaster Oven Review
Recently, I was gifted the Hamilton Beach Sure-Crisp Air Fryer Toaster Oven to test out. Over the years I’ve worked with many great appliances, and I only ever accept ones that I know could potentially be a staple appliance in our household. I was intrigued to learn more about it, since its a combo of an air-fryer and toaster oven. Such a great concept!
Currently, we don’t have a toaster oven. But I do have an air fryer. As for the toaster oven, I did enjoy having one years ago as it was super quick to make a tuna melt, small pizza or re-heat something quickly. Hadn’t replaced it as perhaps I wanted it to do more, so this could have been the answer I was looking for. I don’t know about you, but I find that some things are just not good heated or cooked in the microwave, and the regular oven takes so long to heat up.
To cut to the chase, I’m loving the Hamilton Beach Sure-Crisp Air Fryer Toaster Oven, and I’m using it for more things than I originally anticipated! I’ve only had it a couple weeks, and I’m finding I’m using it almost everyday! Here’s some examples of what I’ve used it for:
- Made 3 salmon fillets (baked on the baking sheet)
- Re-heated roasted potatoes (air fried using air fryer basket)
- Melting cheese on a sandwich (broiled on the rack)
- Individual nachos (baked on the baking sheet)
- Pizzas (baked directly on the rack like below)
- Chicken nuggets (air fried using air fryer basket)
What I like about it:
- It heats up really fast
- Bigger than your average toaster oven. As you can see above, there is extra room at the back so its quite deep
- The see-thru window so you can check the progress anytime
- How it can bake, broil and air fry
- The air fryer feature truly works as well as a traditional air fryer
- Great for reheating leftovers that you don’t want to put in a microwave
- Gets things crispy (nuggets, fries, appetizers etc)
- Food is done quicker than in the oven or air fryer. Our individual nachos took only 5 minutes!
- Rack position is adjustable, it has a timer than dings when done, and baking temp ranges from 150 degrees to 450 degrees
Who its best for:
- Singles, couples or young people for individual or small batch baking, broiling, air frying
- Families can use it for heating up leftovers, putting a smaller batch of nuggets in for the kids, mini pizzas, using as a second oven
Would it replace a toaster oven and air fryer?
For a single person or couple, yes! Its a great appliance, and takes up less space than a traditional air-fryer and has way more options. For a family, its not quite big enough to replace my large air fryer if I need to do a big batch of something. But, this is staying on my countertop as its space-saving and I’m using it way more often than my air fryer. I also like that it can act as a ‘second oven’ if you’re entertaining, or over the holidays when you never have enough oven space!
How much and where to find?
Its $94.98…super reasonable, and can be found at Walmart Canada.
Ok, now onto the recipe!
Dairy-Free Flatbread Margarita Pizza
Simple is sometimes best when it comes to pizza, especially when you have fresh ingredients to work with. For this pizza, I decided to use naan bread, as its just the right thickness, and I like how the crispy the crust gets in the Hamilton Beach Sure-Crisp Air Fryer Toaster Oven. Then, you just need some marinara sauce, fresh basil, dairy-free cheese and fresh tomato.
- 2 naan breads *
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (reserve half for after cooking)
- ½ cup dairy-free mozza (my current fave is Violife)
- ½ roma tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat the Sure-Crisp Air Fryer Toaster Oven to 450 degrees on Bake setting.
- Prep the pizzas. First spread on the marinara sauce, then the cheese, then half of the fresh basil, lastly tomato slices.
- Place both pizzas in the toaster oven directly onto the rack.
- Set the timer for 12 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and allow to cool for a minute before cutting.