Picture the perfect piece of chicken with a delicious sauce that’s so tasty you’ll want to lick your plate. Yeah, that’s this chicken. I’m still thinking about it since I originally trialed the recipe! This may just be one of my favorite baked chicken recipes to date.
Its simple enough for a weeknight, but classy enough to serve to guests. You’ll want to pour the sauce over everything, so thankfully, there is plenty to spare. I’ll be making it again asap. Not only did my hubby go back for seconds, but for thirds, and scraped every last bit of the sauce from the dish. Next time, I’m doubling the recipe so we have leftovers!
- 1 lb chicken breasts (454 grams or 16 oz) *4 chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I grated it with a microplane)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Mix together all the ingredients and thawed raw chicken.
- Marinate in a covered bowl or ziplock bag for 1 - 8 hours. (If you're in a pinch, skip this step).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 " inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour chicken and leftover marinade into the baking dish and bake uncovered for 35 min.
- Great served alongside roasted veggies.