Sometimes the simple things can be the most delicious. Case in point? These garlic roasted chicken breasts with veggies. Its an all-in-one dish meal, and 95% of the work involved is hands off cooking time. Some days of the week are so busy for us. Between school, activities and tight mealtimes, its nice to have one like this that can be done a little bit ahead, and just thrown in the oven.
You can use whatever veggies you wish, but these I happen to always have on hand. If you’re a garlic lover, like me, you will be fine with the fact that it contains 8 cloves of garlic. 4 remain whole, and 4 get chopped to spread the roasted garlic flavor. In our family, we fight over those roasted pieces of garlic. They are so sweet and delicious. Garlic is extra great to have in the fall and winter as its a great immune system booster. With all the talk about Ebola and such, its a good idea to take a bit of extra care in keeping our immune systems strong.
You could easily use bone-in chicken breasts instead, you just may need more cooking time. Chicken thighs would work as well, only just put the veggies in first, then put in the chicken thighs when there’s about 25-30 left in the cooking time.
- 4 x 5 oz raw chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1 cup carrot, sliced to about ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup potato, chopped (about 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli (small florets)
- 8 cloves garlic (leave 4 whole, chop 4)
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil (I used avocado oil)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combined all the ingredients and meat in an oven safe dish.
- Toss thoroughly with your hands so everything gets coated in the oil and spices.
- Bake for 40 minutes until chicken is done and veggies are softened.