This is a simple, and great dinner idea! You can adjust however you like, and create new flavor combinations. I like that this recipe is so versatile, and you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand, and whatever brand of hummus you like.
Some other great ideas on how to switch it up. Roasted red pepper hummus, with red peppers as one of the vegetables. Garlic hummus, and adding dill and lemon to season the veggies. The possibilities are endless.
Didn’t provide the nutrition on this particular recipe, as I didn’t measure anything when I made it.
Have fun, get creative, and enjoy!
- 4 x chicken breasts (1 lb or 454 grams)
- hummus (approx 2 Tbsp per chicken breast)
- smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
- * use whatever veggies you like
- red onion
- brussel sprouts
- chopped garlic
- olive oil
- italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop up the veggies you're going to use and spread them in the bottom of the baking dish. Season however you like...I used some chopped garlic and ½ lemon (squeezed on top), with a bit of olive oil, and tossed it all together until coated.
- Place your chicken breasts on top of the veggies, and spread about 2 Tbsp of your hummus on top. Sprinkle the paprika over the hummus.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked and veggies are roasted.