Another great recipe to make ahead! Spelt flour (wheat free) combined with apples, raisins, carrots, coconut and walnuts = Pure satisfaction
- 1 1/3 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup NuNatural stevia baking blend (or honey, agave, splenda—whatever you like)
- 1/4 cup packed natural brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut (divided in half)
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together flour, stevia, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; break up any brown sugar lumps with your fingers or a wooden spoon.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce and vanilla, then add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add apples, raisins, carrots, walnuts and 2 Tbsp of coconut and stir gently until well combined.
Spoon batter into 16 paper-lined muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 teaspoons coconut and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Per serving (1 muffin) – 149 calories, 6.3g total fat, 20g carbs, 3.6g fibre, 7g sugar, 3.1g protein