These fun and festive No-Bake Mummy Energy Balls are perfect for the whole family. I’m not the most crafty, and most of my creations might turn up in the “Pinterst Fail” category, but hey, its the thought that counts!
Not only are these cute, they are super yummy! With wholesome ingredients like oats, chia seeds, crisp rice cereal, almond butter and whey protein, I don’t hesitate in giving these to the girls for a fun little snack. Heck, I can’t get enough of them either! To give them the “mummy” appearance, I dunk them in a thin layer of white chocolate.
Inside, they are chewy, sweet and delicious! I keep them stored in the fridge, but they could easily be stored in the freezer as well.
To get the mummy look I added mini chocolate chip eyes. I did this to just a handful of them, as I’m not into tediousness tasks…but the girls thought it was amusing, and naturally the first thing they did was eat the eyes.
I stored them in a glass container with a lid. I love how fun and tasty they are, and will probably make these a fun Halloween tradition! I hope you try them too!
- ½ cup almond butter (or peanut butter, or for nut-free use Sunbutter)
- ¼ cup honey (I used Nature's Hollow Sugar-Free Honey)
- ½ cup whey protein, vanilla (I used Jamie's Lean Body For Her)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¾ cup crisp rice cereal (I used gluten-free Rice Krispie's)
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 160 grams (1 cup), white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond butter and honey until smooth.
- Add in the whey protein, rice krispie's, chia seeds and oats. Mix together until combined and forms into a dough.
- Roll the dough into 24 balls.
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave in 30 second increments or on the stove.
- Once the chocolate is melted, take 2 spoons and dip each ball in the chocolate letting the excess drip off.
- Place chocolate dunked balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put the balls in the fridge to set for 30 minutes. Once set, use remaining chocolate to re-drizzle the balls in extra chocolate and add mini-chocolate chip eyes if desired.