Its the new year! Time for some new protein bar recipes. These No-Bake Chocolate Orange Chia Protein Bars came to fruition because I love the combination of chocolate and orange together. They’re a pair that just work great together. I also wanted to add some chia seeds to the mix, since I love the texture of them and they’re a nutritional powerhouse. They add a bunch of fiber, as well as some healthy omega 3 fats.
Since these are no-bake bars, they came together very quickly and they are oh, so chewy. As mentioned in the recipe, I use my stand mixer with the dough attachment as the dough gets pretty stiff, but clean hands work just as well, they’ll just get a little messy. I think mixing it with your hands would also count as an arm workout too!
In the end, they are just a simple and delicious recipe. I always keep my bars stored in the freezer as they thaw very quickly. Within 5 minutes they are ready to eat. If left out longer, they are just softer.
Hope you enjoy them!
- 3 cups chocolate whey protein (I used Jamie's Lean Body For Her Whey Isolate)
- ⅔ cup natural peanut butter
- 1⅓ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup honey (I used Nature's Hollow sugar-free honey)
- 40 drops orange stevia (I used NuNaturals) *could omit, use vanilla stevia or add 2 tsp orange zest
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk), could also use additional orange juice
- In a large bowl (or if you have a stand mixer, use that with the dough hook), place in all the ingredients and mix very well. It will be a very stiff dough.
- Press mixture into a 9x9 square pan or dish. Cut into 12 bars. From there, place in the fridge, or wrap each bar individually and place in the freezer for grab-n-go.
Some of my other favorite protein bar recipes:
Related articles across the web