Simple, and good. These No-Bake Maple Pecan Protein Bars were requested by a reader. I thought it sounded like a great combo! If you have 15 minutes, you have time to make this recipe. Even the non-cook could easily tackle this, as all the ingredients go in one bowl, and then pressed into a square dish or pan for cutting…
One of these bars makes a perfect snack, and would be great after a workout, or mid morning or afternoon when you want something with a bit of sweetness.
I make bars like this every week, as they come together so quickly, and taste great. There is rarely a day that I don’t have a homemade protein bar. You may find them as addicting as I do!
After they’re cut, I prefer to individually pack these in plastic baggies and store in the freezer. Can’t get easier than that for grab-n-go. One of these bars is always my go-to after my morning workout.
If you think you don’t have time to make 1 snack this week? Try these and you might just find yourself making a batch every week!
- 1½ cups whey protein, vanilla (I used Whey Gourmet Naturelle Vanilla)
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (or almond butter, or nut or seed butter of choice)
- 3 Tbsp pecans, toasted and chopped (or sub for walnuts or almonds)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3 Tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (I used Nature's Hollow Sugar-Free Maple) can use real maple syrup (nutrition will change)
- 3 tsp maple extract *
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- In a large bowl, mix together the protein powder, oats and pecans.
- Once dry ingredients are combined, add in the peanut butter, sugar-free maple syrup, maple extract and milk
- Mixture will be a thick dough. If you can't stir with a wooden spoon, use your hands
- Press dough into an 8x8 pan (un-greased is fine)
- Cut into 8 bars. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap or bag, and store in the freezer for grab-n-go.