What’s your favorite cookie? Mine is oatmeal raisin. I feel like chocolate chip should be my favorite, as I love chocolate, but when I’ve been forced to choose between the two, oatmeal raisin always wins.
As you might be able to tell from the recipes I post, I like comfort food. Food that reminds me of my childhood. I just like to alter it to make it healthier and have it fit into my lifestyle. Being active with weight training and chasing around 2 little girls, I’m always conscious about getting enough protein. These protein balls are a perfect little snack with a little punch of protein, and not to mention they taste like cookie dough!
These are great for the kids as well, and I love that they are delicious right out of the freezer. I never want to waste delicious food, so anything that freezes well, I’m all over. Especially snacks.
These would also be well a well received gift I’m sure. Next time you have the gals over for coffee or tea, put a bowl of these out and watch them disappear!
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp salted butter, softened
- 1 cup quick oats
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup whey protein, vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp honey (I used Nature's Hollow Sugar-Free Honey)
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients with a wooden spoon. If the spoon doesn't do a great job, use clean hands.
- Roll into 16 balls.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer. They don't harden up too much when frozen, so great to have straight out of the freezer.
- Will also last in the fridge for over a week.