I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for more easy and yummy vegetable side dishes. I made these parmesan roasted tomatoes to eat with our lean proteins throughout the week, and they were a hit! They were great to put alongside leftovers, and with a dinner entree!
Truth be told, I’m not a big fan of menu planning. I don’t like cooking full dinners every single weeknight, and honestly, some days I’m just not in the mood to make “what’s on the meal plan”. So what I prefer to do is prep some protein (eg. chicken breasts and turkey meatballs), side vegetable dishes (roasted veggies & soups) and plain whole grain pasta (for the kids) at the beginning of the week. So a few nights of the week we just eat what’s already prepped in the fridge, and also eat the prepped food for lunches. Then, when this food starts to run out, I’ll make dinner that night, and make enough so there’s leftovers.
I find doing it this way keeps us eating healthy, as there is always something pre-made in the fridge. We rarely eat out as its so expensive, and much of the time I feel so yucky after take out food, its not worth it for me to do it on a regular basis.
I hope you give this simple recipe (rather an idea) a try very soon! There are many ways you could modify this recipe to switch it up too! Perhaps swapping out the parmesan cheese for pesto. Or using goat cheese instead of parmesan. To make it dairy-free you could also add fresh herbs and garlic to the tomatoes near the end of cooking time.
- 6 vine tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops off each of the tomatoes.
- In a shallow oven safe dish, place all the tomatoes cut side up.
- Drizzle the tops of the tomatoes with the oil and sprinkle on the salt and pepper evenly to all the tomatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until they start to wilt down and release some of their juices.
- Place the Parmesan cheese on top and bake another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.