Creamy succulent chicken. Not something you think would be possible in a low fat recipe, yet, as rich as this tastes, its actually a healthy way to make chicken! Pair up boneless chicken breasts, non-fat greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese and a few other ingredients, and you have a tasty and simple dinner.
The Parmesan cheese browns very nicely in the oven. I wanted it ‘extra’ golden, so I put it on broil for the last few minutes to brown it even further. This topping would also work great on turkey breast or cutlets.
Simple enough to put together on a weeknight, but its also fancy enough to serve to guests. Its also kid-friendly. This is a dish that will become on the regular rotation. Its also great the next day as leftovers.
- 4 chicken breasts approx. 5 oz each raw, cooked down will be about 4 oz
- ⅔ cup non-fat greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley (or 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for the chicken.
- Spread the topping on the chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts in an oven safe dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 min (depends on the size, thickness of your chicken breasts). Then turn oven to broil on high and broil for approx. 5-6 min until topping is browned.
- (per serving) Calories: 188 Fat: 4.3 g Carbs: 2.4 g Sugars: 1.3 g Fiber: 0.2 g Sodium: 133 mg Protein: 32 g