This recipe may sound strange, but oddly enough, it works! I mean, really works…its delicious! Its also ready in 30 minutes, so its perfect for a weeknight meal. My husband went for seconds, and I’ve made it multiple times, so I know its a winner!
This recipe is easy to make substitutions as well. If you don’t have white vinegar, white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar would work too. I also sometimes swap out the less sodium soy sauce for coconut aminos.
You can also garnish with various toppings. Here I did chopped peanuts and parsley, but honey roasted peanuts and cilantro would also be amazing! I’ve also topped with green onion and that’s great too.
My favorite options for sides with this meal are: rice, butternut squash, steamed broccoli, quinoa or pretty much anything you like a little extra sauce smothered over!
- 8 x 3 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 4 x 6 oz breasts)
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing (calorie wise or fat free)
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3-5 packets stevia (or sugar substitute of choice)
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter (natural, with no salt) smooth or crunchy
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (for a bit of heat) for very mild, use ¼ tsp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In your 9 x 11 baking dish, whisk together everything except the chicken.
- Place raw chicken in the dish and turn over the raw chicken so it gets coated in the sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 30-32 minutes or until chicken is done.