If fall could be wrapped into a muffins, these Pumpkin Raisin and Orange Muffins would have a bow on top. This combination goes fabulous together. These hearty and sweet muffins go great with breakfast, or a cup of coffee or tea. Dare I say it, but these are my new favorite muffin of the moment. (Don’t be mad, my dear Blueberry Muffins)
Made with good for you ingredients like oat flour, eggs, pumpkin and raisins. Making a double batch would be a great idea, as these muffins also make a great autumn gift. The pumpkin in these muffins make them so moist and rich. While they taste like they’re full of fat, there’s only a few grams of fat in each muffin (compared to 20 g of fat in traditional muffins). But you’d never even know it.
These freeze well (if they even make it to the freezer), and when they’re fresh, they’ll last for about a week. I recommend keeping them in the fridge as they are so fresh. You don’t want them to spoil before you have a chance to eat them!
The hint of orange flavor elevates them from good to great! My girls both loved them too. Probably as they are on the sweeter side, and they both love raisins (like their momma, of course).
I hope you make these next time you’re making muffins. I guarantee you won’t regret it!
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted (could also use coconut oil)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup stevia for baking (I used Truvia Baking Blend) *could also sub for whatever sweetener you choose
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned pumpkin)
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1½ cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine all the wet ingredients and sweetener (butter, egg, egg whites, pumpkin, stevia, orange zest, orange juice)
- Once the wet ingredients are mixed, add in all the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, raisins)
- Mix until combined.
- Pour into greased muffin tins or use silicone liners.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes until cooked through.