Summer is all about freshness, and that’s exactly what this quinoa salad with peas, mint and feta is. Its perfect for a light lunch or side salad. If you have fresh peas in your garden, they would go wonderfully, but because mine aren’t ready yet, I opted for frozen thawed peas.
The multi-color quinoa gives it a little different look, but it tastes exactly the same as regular quinoa, so use whatever type is available to you.
As mentioned in another quinoa recipe, I’ve started using my cheap $20 rice cooker to make quinoa as its no fuss! I just put in the water and dry quinoa, press down the button, and when its done it flips to warm all by itself and I don’t have to worry about burnt quinoa! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve burnt it on the stove as I forgot to set my timer. This way, it comes out perfect every time.
The combination of the quinoa, with the sweetness of the peas and the saltiness of the feta cheese is so delicious! The sweet dressing is also the perfect balance and the fresh mint makes it just right. This salad would also be great for any sort of pot luck you have this summer. My only tip is to mix in the fresh mint right before serving so it doesn’t go brown on ya!
I’d love to hear what your favorite summer salad are…leave a comment below! If you’re looking for some other quinoa recipes, I’ve listed a few of my other recipes below.
Some other yummy salad recipes using quinoa:
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- ⅓ cup (60 grams) feta cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 packets stevia (I used NuNaturals white stevia packets)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. I use my rice cooker.
- Once quinoa has cooled, assemble the salad. In a large bowl add quinoa, peas and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Add chopped mint last, and toss. If not serving right away, add the chopped mint right before serving as it will brown.