It might be because we do lots of camping, but I have a serious love for s’mores. With all the trips we’ve been doing this summer, I’ve had to limit my s’mores consumption as I know those calories can creep up really fast. Last year, I came up with a S’mores Protein Balls recipe to help curb my cravings, so this year, I wanted a drinkable version, so a s’mores protein shake can fill the void! I didn’t put in any marshmallow to this recipe, as they are so high sugar, and the flavor would get lost in a shake. But I find that marshmallows are just sweet with not a very strong flavor, so to give it that extra flavor, I added in vanilla extract.
I chose to keep the graham cracker whole, but if you prefer, you could crush it up and put it on top, or even stir in the crumbs after. I wouldn’t recommend blending with the graham cracker as you might not taste it very much in the end.
For the protein, I used the Lean Body For Her (the whey concentrate), and that decadent looking syrup is actually sugar-free! Its a newer product from NuNaturals, the cocoa syrup… and no-joke, its just like Hershey syrup but sugar-free.
I hope you give it a try next time you’re wanting a s’more (which for me right now is every week!)
- 1 scoop (40 grams) whey protein, vanilla (I used Lean Body For Her Whey Concentrate)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tsp (or to taste) sugar-free chocolate syrup (I used NuStevia Cocoa Syrup)
- 1 graham cracker (for gluten-free I used a S'moreables Gluten Free Graham Cracker)
- Add the whey protein, vanilla extract, milk and ice cubes into your blender and blend.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup into your glass, and add in the protein shake from the blender.
- Top with a whole graham cracker, or crush it up to add as a topping.