Its no secret that I love Thai food. The curries, sauces and spices. All of it. I’ve yet to been to Thailand, but I know for a fact I would love the authentic food. That’s why this pizza is so amazing. The peanut sauce is to die for, and all the toppings make it such a fresh and delicious pizza. Forget take-out. Seriously.
I like to have pizza on tortilla’s for a number of reasons. The first reason being I can eat the whole thing, and not feel guilty about it. With regular pizza, for 1 slice you’re looking at 200+ calories. So disappointing. Secondly, I like a thin, cracker-type crust. I find its easy to get gluten-free tortillas in most large grocery stores.
This isn’t my first “tortilla pizza” creation. Another favorite of mine is my California Pizza, which I highly recommend you try as well.
- ½ Tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ Tbsp less sugar apricot jam (less sugar orange marmalade would work too)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp less sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp ginger, chopped fine
- ½ tsp garlic, chopped fine
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tortilla (I used Food for Life Brown Rice Tortilla)
- 3 oz cooked chicken breast, chopped
- ½ cup sliced red pepper
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp low fat cheese blend
- 4-5 peanuts, chopped
- Handful chopped spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread sauce on your tortilla.
- Add all the toppings (except peanuts & spinach).
- Bake directly on rack for 15-20 minutes until brown around the edges.
- Remove, add chopped peanuts and spinach.