Warm, crispy waffles. Comfort food at its best. I don’t make waffles all that often because of the extra time it takes, so when I do, I prefer making a batch so I have some leftover for the freezer . Once they’re in the freezer, you can just pop them in the toaster like Eggo waffles.
I’ve been making these waffles for years, and they come out great every time. No matter what kind of waffle maker you have, they always seem to work out.
I find these waffles also cook faster than traditional waffles, so you don’t need to wait as long to enjoy them…
You can top them however you like. Syrup, low sugar syrup, berries, butter or even peanut butter and jam. My favorite way is with butter and some mixed berries warmed up (and sweetened with stevia).
- 2 cups oat flour (just grind raw oats in food processor or blender to make into flour)
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 3 x30 gram scoops (or ¾ cup) whey protein (I used Whey Gourmet vanilla)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4 egg whites (I used ½ cup carton egg whites)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In 1 bowl mix together oat flour, whey protein, flax, baking powder & cinnamon. Mix until blended. Add in wet ingredients (milk, vanilla, egg white) and mix until blended.
- Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes allowing it to thicken up a bit.
- Cook on waffle maker until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Serve topped with berries, low sugar syrup, or whatever you like!
- Store leftovers in freezer bags and keep in the freezer. When you want to re-heat them, just toss it in the toaster.