In my group of friends, hot spinach and artichoke dip is always a welcomed appetizer at parties. As delicious as it is, most spinach and artichoke dips (especially those found at restaurants) are extremely high in calories and fat. Since I love it so much, I wanted to come up with a version that still had all those flavors, but would be much lower in fat and calories.
This healthy hot spinach & artichoke dip makes a generous amount of dip (4 cups total), so its great for entertaining a crowd. The cheesiness and creaminess is there, along with a veggie punch of an entire box of frozen chopped spinach.
Its the perfect addition to your next girls night, baby/bridal shower, pot luck or get together, and with it only being 100 calories per serving, you can assure your guests it can fit into any healthy eating plan!
- 1 - 14oz can (400ml) artichoke hearts in water, chopped
- 1 - 10oz block of chopped frozen spinach (or ½ cup packed frozen, thawed and water squeezed out)
- 1 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 block (8 oz) light cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ⅔ cup part-skim mozza cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thaw your spinach (I use the microwave on defrost), and using paper towels, squeeze all the excess liquid out of the spinach. There will be a lot of water that comes out.
- In a large bowl or mixer, add the spinach and all the ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into an oven safe serving dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Serve with baked or regular tortilla chips, or chopped vegetables.