Easy, delicious and quick. That’s the name of the game when it comes to dinner! Its always a goal with my recipes to be less than 10 ingredients, easy to prepare, and limited mess. Plus, of course it has to taste delicious! This recipe for Maple Dijon Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables is all of those things!
I love the idea of 1-pot or 1-pan dinners as it keeps the mess very limited. The trick with dinners like this is chopping up the veggies quite small as you want the cooking time to be consistent. Roasted chicken breast should never take longer than 30-35 minutes, so if you’re using a sturdy vegetable like yams, potatoes or sweet potatoes, you need to cut them small so they’re done in around that time.
I could have cut mine a touch smaller, as I took the chicken off the pan and let them cook a bit longer on their own. For the green vegetable you add, they’ll only need to be on there around 15 minutes.
I came up with this recipe since I love the flavours of mustard and maple together. Plus, fresh rosemary and yams. It really is a great combination. I like using grainy dijon the most, but if you have the ground dijon instead then you can definitely use that too.
Another recipe with a similar combo is my Dilly, Lemon & Maple Baked Chicken.
What are some other flavor combinations you love with chicken? I’d love to hear them in the comments!
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 5 - 5 oz chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 4 cups yams, diced into small pieces
- Large handful of green beans (about 30-40 beans)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix together the marinade (maple syrup, mustard, garlic, oil, rosemary, salt & pepper). Mix and reserve a few tablespoons of sauce.
- Add the raw chicken to the marinade and allow to sit until the veggies are prepped.
- Peel and dice the yam/sweet potato and spread onto a large sheet pan.
- Use the reserved marinade and drizzle over the yams and toss together to coat.
- Place the chicken breasts over the yams and make sure all the marinade is drizzled over the chicken.
- Place in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, add in the green beans.
- Set the timer for another 15 minutes. After its done the chicken and green beans should be cooked. If your yams aren't quite done yet, remove the chicken and beans and roast the yams until they are fork-tender.