Ok seriously, you have to try these. I tested this recipe with some friends and they are all still asking for the recipe! So yummy! A higher protein snack and much healthier than traditional chocolate chip banana bread! But here’s the secret: You’ll never be able to tell the difference!
Want to see how to make it step-by-step? Watch me demonstrate this recipe on Busy But Healthy TV – Episode 20
These mini chocolate chip banana loaves are a great way to use leftover bananas. Simple to make, and always a family favorite.
- 1½ cups oat flour
- ½ cup whey protein, vanilla or plain *See NOTE
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup Krisda stevia baking formula
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 egg whites (1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp carton kind)
- 3 mashed brown (ripe) banana's
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce (or 1 snack pack)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together (oat flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, stevia) and the chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (egg whites, banana, applesauce).
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well blended. Spray a non-stick mini loaf pan or muffin tin.
- Pour in batter and bake the mini loaves at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes, until firm on top. If making muffins bake for 11-15 min.
- You can also omit all protein and add an extra ½ cup of oat flour.
Nutrition (per muffin - makes 12) Cals: 131 Fat: 2.8 g Carbs: 22 g Fiber: 3.5 g Sugars: 7.2 g Protein: 7.6 g