A great Mexican style lasagna! This is a great recipe to entertain with, but quick and easy enough for a weeknight dinner. It’s also gluten-free. Could easily be doubled and placed in a 9×13 inch pan to serve more people.
Watch me demonstrate this recipe on Busy But Healthy TV!
- 1½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅔ cup salsa verde
- ⅓ cup light cream cheese (for dairy free, use Toffuti)
- 9 small corn-only tortillas, cut into quarters
- ⅓ cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese blend (for dairy free, use Daiya)
- 12 oz rotisserie chicken (or shredded chicken breast)*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8x8 inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a skillet on the stove, spray with cooking spray and on medium heat brown the onions and corn. Remove from heat and stir in cumin.
- Meanwhile, in a magic bullet, blender or food processor, blend together the salsa verde and light cream cheese. Set aside.
- Cut the corn only tortilla's into quarters. Place a layer of the tortilla's in the 8x8 pan. The add a layer of the corn and onion mixture, then add a layer of chicken, then the salsa/cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers (corn tortilla's, corn/onion, chicken, salsa/cream cheese).
- Finish the last layer of corn tortilla's, then add the shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- Cut into 4 servings. Serve with salad on the side.