I’m always wanting to create healthier versions of my favorite takeout food. Sometimes, I think these versions are even better than takeout. They are less greasy, not filled with sodium and can have a lot more flavor. Bonus is that I feel good after eating them, not yucky and bloated.
Some of my other favorite healthier takeout recipes are the Easy Tofu Fried Rice , Sweet n’ Sour Chicken & Easy Dairy-Free Indian Butter Chicken. These noodles are so delicious and aside from being gluten-free, they are also vegan and not spicy, so they are very kid friendly too!
These gluten-free sesame noodles are more of a cold dish as the veggies aren’t cooked and neither is the sauce. So it comes together really quickly which is great. The only cooking is the pasta, which is under 10 minutes!
The sauce coats the noodles quite easily, and I think it has the perfect amount. If you want the noodles to be very ‘saucy’, then I would recommend doubling the sauce.
- 1 85 g box gluten-free spaghetti *
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos or gluten-free lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup snap peas, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add the sauce ingredients (sesame oil, garlic, ginger, coconut sugar, aminos or soy sauce, ketchup) into a small bowl and mix.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return the hot pasta to the pot and place over the warm element (turned off). Add in the sauce and the veggies and lightly toss to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Makes 6 servings.